Wednesday, May 03, 2006

John 8

Today is the day that I have the colposcopy. Gather around me ladies and pray for healing! I don't want to hear about any PRECANCEROUS CELLS. Also, if you could pray that this biopsy is not painful. I have had one before and it was so please pray. My appointment is at 10:30am. Also, please pray for Kathy who is a part of our Bible Study. She is having a biopsy today at 1:30 on one of her breast. Pray that God will give her peace and that the report will be good! Our God is a mighty God and He is capable of anything! He saves, he provides, he gives, he loves, he restores, he protects and HE HEALS! In Jesus name!

4"Teacher," they said to Jesus, "this woman was caught in the very act of adultery. 5The law of Moses says to stone her. What do you say?" 6They were trying to trap him into saying something they could use against him, but Jesus stooped down and wrote in the dust with his finger. 7They kept demanding an answer, so he stood up again and said, "All right, stone her. But let those who have never sinned throw the first stones!" 8Then he stooped down again and wrote in the dust. 9When the accusers heard this, they slipped away one by one, beginning with the oldest, until only Jesus was left in the middle of the crowd with the woman. 10Then Jesus stood up again and said to her, "Where are your accusers? Didn't even one of them condemn you?" 11"No, Lord," she said. And Jesus said, "Neither do I. Go and sin no more."

When I read this scripture I am reminded of how guilty I have been in judging others. Christians are notorious for picking and choosing their sin. Then we have the chutzpah to talk about it among our friends! "Can you believe that she is the pastor's wife and she dresses like that?" "Can you believe they had a bottle of wine sitting in their fridge? I wonder if the pastor knows!" OR "I just can't believe they watch that TV show?" These are just scenarios, please don't think these are real. My Pastor's wife always dresses conservative so I'm not talking about anyone I know. But let's get real! You know what I am talking about. We have all been guilty of putting our sin in pretty little boxes, yet we are way too quick to unwrap someone else's. But in this scripture, Jesus solves the issue of judgment.

Ladies, I am really enjoying your comments and your pursuit. You are holding me accountable and you make me excited about reading His word. I love how He speaks to each of you, it blesses me. I pray that you will keep on keeping on. I am learning so much from your own revelation that the Holy Spirit is giving you. You are in my hearts, I think of you all the time and I won't quit praying. Women, you are making me better! Thank you.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have prayed and will keep in my prayers all day.

Nancy

Kellie said...

I will be praying for both of you today and until I hear the results. So please post if you can.

I have read and want to take some more time in this chapter. It is full of info.

Gwen said...

I am praying for your test today as well as for Kathy having her biopsy.

I read today!

Dionna said...

Amanda -
Please let me know how the test results turn out! I have had a colposcopy once too. It's not the funnest thing in the world is it? But so worth it if it catches something that you can treat and fix so you can be around for your precious family.

Christy said...

Praying! Love you girl

momteacherfriend said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
momteacherfriend said...

V6b But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger.
-I love the integrity in that verse. Rather than engage in trapping debates he stayed calm. Nor did he stare at the adulterous woman who was most likely loosely dressed (if at all.)

10Jesus straightened up and asked her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?"
11"No one, sir," she said. "Then neither do I condemn you," Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."
-Go and leave your life of sin. I love that verse. It takes action, we need to leave the former stuff alone.

36So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.
-I am so thankful to be free indeed!

47He who belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God."
-Lord, let me be one that hears!

59At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.
-Jesus knew when to get out of a situation.

Thank you Lord that freedom comes from you. That your truth sets us free.

Anonymous said...

I read today.

I hope things went well today for both you ladies....

Please see my blog ... I posted what I have been dealing with which is related to you post Amanda.

Anonymous said...

You are in my prayers. Take Care.

mommyofangels said...

I read. Really busy right now... You're in my prayers.