Tuesday, October 03, 2006

If I ever loose my faith in you

If you did not read my last post, this won't make much sense to you. But if you did, then you may understand a little better. You see my precious friend, Tiffany, called me a few minutes ago and said, "I know you have heard many Christian artists sing cover songs. But, you need to listen to Jill Parr sing Sting's song, If I ever loose my faith in you. Listen to the lyrics and think about all that you have been going through, all that you have written about and you will see that this is your song during this time in your life."

Music has always been the biggest thing God has used to speak to me and reach me. It reaches me in ways I can't explain. I think it's part of me being a singer because when I find songs that mean so much to me, I always envision myself singing them. So I went to Itunes and listened to the song. In fact, I purchased it for 99cents! I have heard Jill Parr sing it, I have heard Sting sing it but until today it never really meant anything. I have lost a lot of faith in church right now, I have lost a lot of faith in people but I haven't lost my faith in HIM. Someday I will sit at His feet and talk to him about this exact time in my life. I pray that I am "getting" all that He wants me to get.

Lord, if I ever loose my faith in you, there'd be nothing left for me to do. Nothing. Thank you Lord for being my constant companion and the lover of my soul. Thank you!

"If I Ever Lose My Faith In You"- Jill Parr version
You could say I lost my faith in science and progress
You could say I lost my belief in the holy church
You could say I lost my sense of direction
You could say all of this and worse but
If I ever lose my faith in you
There'd be nothing left for me to do
Some would say I was a lost girl in a lost world
You could say I lost my faith in the people on TV
You could say I'd lost my belief in our politicians
They all seemed like game show hosts to me
If I ever lose my faith in you
There'd be nothing left for me to do
I could be lost inside their lies without a trace
But every time I close my eyes I see your face
I never saw no miracle of science
That didn't go from a blessing to a curse
I never saw no military solution
That didn't always end up as something worse but
Let me say this first
If I ever lose my faith in you
There'd be nothing left for me to do

No comments: