Friday, February 24, 2006

It's a new season again!

For some reason when I don't blog I get emails asking me if I'm okay. I sometimes forget that I have an audience through my blog. I sometimes forget that God actually uses me to speak to some of you. Some of you are actually waiting on me to write. Wow! What an amazing thought to know that I am a vessel. I know that it is only because of Him that I am able to minister to others. He deserves all of the glory. I'm just the servant!

This week God has been doing some pretty amazing things in my life. A purging is going on inside of me that is overwhelming at times and other times it feels incredible. The change going on inside of me creates feelings of excitement and feelings of disgust both at the same time. I hate all of the change because I struggle with a craving for perfection. While God is busy changing my insides, I'm frustrated that I can't get there quicker or that I can't understand it the first time He shows me. I want to get it right! I want to make it perfect! But then I think about all of the things He is showing me about myself and things He is showing me about Him! I love what He is doing! So, it's a love/hate kind of thing. It's hard but it's life changing and I need it.

Over the past week I have realized that I have been pouring out all that God has given me. When He speaks to me, I pour it out in God given blogs and share with you. It hasn't been very hard. My words have flowed without struggle. But, now I feel like I'm empty again. It's not an empty feeling that brings pain. It's an empty feeling that leaves me wanting more. It's a feeling that leaves me thirsty. Right now I'm thirsty and God is beginning to feel my cup once again for a whole new chapter.

I'm here. I'm praying, I'm reading. I am pursuing Jesus. He's doing something new again and it's going to change my tone drastically with life, with relationships and with my blog as well. This is a season filled with God challenging what's on the inside. I'm ready to weed out what doesn't belong. I'm excited, for things are flowing my way!! I pray that God can use me in the process.

It's a new season, It's a new day.
A fresh anointing is flowing my way.
It's a season of power and prosperity.
It's a new season coming to me.
-Israel Houghton

4 comments:

Christy said...

Oh girl, appears your doing the 'empty out and filling up' thing as I have been for months. Pray, Pray, Pray and he will fill, fill, fill... can't wait to see what you have to say in weeks to come. Looks like God is doing a new thing in alot of womens lives right now, How exciting! God bless!

Dionna said...

I can really relate to what you are saying.

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel. Like I've said before "when" I write, I write like you. And I am kinda on an "empty" spell myself. I can only write like that when God gives it to me. In the mean time, while your empty, just keep us updated with your life! Love reading your blog.

Sonya Terrell said...

Amanda, sorry I haven't commented in awhile, I've been playing catch since I got back from Vegas.

I can't wait to see, hear, read what God fills you up with! You are an inspiration to so many people and I am one of them.

I'm keeping my eyes peeled in the coming days!