Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The 4th and all the rain!

Well, our plans for the night had to be altered due to the rain. We have needed rain in Texas pretty bad! The rain came and would not go away and it's still raining right now! It didn't come until late afternoon so we did get to swim at our friend's house while they're in Myrtle beach for the Week (I'm jealous)! How nice of them to give us a key to their house and free reign of their pool! But wouldn't you know it's supposed to rain most of the week! Despite the Rain, (I think that is a song title) we still had a wonderful fourth of July with just the four of us and that's always nice. I tried to get pictures of the two kids in their 4th attire but Ava Beth has two molars coming in and she was pretty much grumpy all day long AND still is this morning! With her mood and all the rain, it made it really difficult to get great pictures and that's always disappointing for me. It was a rainy 4th of July but still a memorable one! Even though I kept wishing we were on a beach somewhere with a grandparent/babysitter close by, the fireworks and the kid's reactions as they flashed and popped in the sky, made it wonderful!


The only decent shot I could get of her in her 4th of July Dress! (Isn't she sweet? HA!)

Playing in the rain!

8 comments:

Minnie said...

Oh, Amanda! This made me almost CRY! I can't tell you how many memories I have of my boys playing in that cul-de-sac in the rain! Splashing in the big puddles at the end of the driveway, (the spot in front of Don and Pat's is the best!) and getting soaking wet.

I can't tell you how thrilled I am that we have become friends and that I get to watch you and your kids reproduce many of the memories we made in that house.

What a treasure! Thanks for sharing this!! :o)

Unknown said...

It's so weird how our meeting happened. Thanks to the Draper's and their prayers for you to find a buyer and us to find a house. They had no idea that we would go to YOUR house! It's still very crazy when I think about it. VERY CRAZY! Those Draper's are powerful praying people! Poor people have been praying for ME for a long time!

Wendy said...

I was reading your comments here and thought it was neat because since we moved we have gotten to know the people that moved into our old house (we live in the same town) and we are now friends and go to the same church. We prayed about who would move into our house and it was answered.

Barb said...

Milli Vanilli did a song, Blame It On The Rain, that would work here. I know, but I liked them. Pirated voices and all. Sweet, sweet photos. One of my favorite memories was playing in the rain when I was little. Your c.u.t.e. kids won't forget this.

Melissa said...

Amanda,

Thanks for the kind words on my blog!

I've been touched by much of what you write, especially with the "Captivating" study.

Leslie said...

Amanda,
She is beautiful!

You are the first weather report I've heard in the states. I hope it rained in Athens. My parents always talk about how dry it has been there.--but I'm sorry it hampered your fourth.

Oh, and congrats on expecting your third! I think that is wonderful.

Unknown said...

Leslie, thank you. Your little girl is quite the beauty herself. I am thinking her and Ava Beth are close in age. 18months? Or is she older?

I love reading Into Australia, love it!

Tammy said...

Those are sweet pictures! Hey, I thought it only rained in Oregon...
Blessings...
~Tammy