Sunday, July 02, 2006

The Weekend

Well, we were all set! Ready to visit a church close to the house. In fact, my friend Kelly Ann took my by there on Friday to show me the kids area and I got to meet the Pre-School Children's Pastor. She was so sweet, adored my kids and even offered to let me fill out cards on both kids so I wouldn't have to this morning. That way our first visit would be smooth and not so overwhelming the first day. I really was excited about this morning. Josiah asked all day yesterday if we were going back to Trey's church (Kelly Ann's son) so he could play the drums. On Friday he got to go on the stage in the kid's area for just a moment and play the drums. The brief few seconds he played, has not left his mind once. Then yesterday afternoon he woke up from a nap with 103 fever. He didn't really seem sick but at 5:00AM this morning, when he came to our bed, the fever was back. Needless to say, NO CHURCH TODAY!

But the Lord allowed this time at home today to be a day of major productivity! My entire house is SPOTLESS and my husband did most of it. Thank you Babe. I did clean my Bathroom, Bedroom, Closet and several loads of laundry. Also I made Cinnamon Rolls this morning and my Grandmother's Homemade Potato salad to go with our grilled burgers tonight! This is the best day I have had in this pregnancy so far! Otherwise I would not be cooking as much as I have today! I feel half way normal again. Although I don't see me actually making the hamburger patties, that's raw meat!! Maybe the sickness has stayed at bay today because I have been eating all day! I can't keep this up!

No fever since early this morning so I thought I would let the kids play in the pool. Jeremy thought the kids were going to go nuts if they stayed inside all day so, in the pool they went! Then they actually cuddled on the couch together and watched Nemo. When I saw them on the couch together, I KNEW it was a kodak moment! Oh how I pray the love will stay when they are in Junior High! Yikes!

Well so much for an exciting weekend but it sure has been a good one with the family. I guess we all needed our rest for the all day festivities on the 4th! Can't wait! More food!

Is that his arm around the little sister? Do you see why I grabbed the camera?!
Fun in the sun!
Where's my bikini Mommy? Daddy just puts me in a swim diaper and forgets the suit!
Do I LOOK sick?

6 comments:

Tammy said...

Aren't those summer bugs that hit out of no where so annoying? But so glad the Lord turned it into a positive thing!
I love that picture of them on the sofa...it reminds me of my little girls with their arms around each other like that...until s squabble breaks out! I am like you...I sure hope they can stay such great friends in the teen years!
If you get a chance to stop over at my blog again, you'll see why I am taking a break from major cleaning for a couple days! I'm still tired!
Have a great 4th, I'll be back again!

Anonymous said...

I missed seeing your guys today, but I am THRILLED that you had an AWESOME day with the family!! We'll try again next week... :)

Love you!
Kelly Ann

Gwen said...

I'm so glad the day turned out so nice! That picture of your two children on the couch together is priceless! That was definitely a kodak moment! I'm glad you captured it!

Wendy said...

I love the picture of your son w/his arm around his sister. How great to capture that!

Robin said...

Ok, where did you get that pool? I love it!

Unknown said...

Robin, that pool is a &20.00 buy at Wal Mart! It even comes with a cover but we don't use it because the water gets too hot and too dirty, etc.