Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Vivian, my friend

Last week I checked the mail to find something very exciting! It was a package addressed to my baby boy, Ezekiel. Ezekiel will not be born until January, but a very special friend decided to mail something a little early and addressed it to him. She even put his middle name on the package and of course the last name too. I can't tell you how happy I was to see a package with his name on it!

The package was special for a couple of other reasons too. It came from a place far, far away from Texas and from a person I totally adore but have never met in person. When I began blogging over a year ago, I had no idea what I was in for. The purpose of my blog was to write about things God was teaching me and allow my friends and family to read it. I had no idea that people from all over the world would come to my blog. In fact, back in the early days of my blog, I was excited to see just ONE comment. When friends and family figured out how to leave a comment, I was thrilled. It took them a while! But then people started coming from all over the world! I couldn't believe it. So today I want to introduce to you one of the first people that came to my blog. I didn't know her, I had no clue as to how she found me but this person has truly been a blessing to have in my corner. I love her, I really do.

Her name is Vivian. She is one of the smartest, most intriguing woman I know. We often talk about meeting for coffee. Actually, we dream about it. You see my friend Vivian lives in Canada and I live in Texas. So our coffee talk can't be done in person. Vivian and I have such a special relationship because our connection comes straight from our Heavenly Father. The woman is a Jesus chasin' fool! She challenges me, prays for me and encourages me like you can't believe. Vivian is older than me, I love that. She is wiser than me, I need that. She is smarter than me, I learn from that. She knows God's word more than me, I admire that. She is a mentor to me in so many ways and oh how I wish she lived in my state! I talk a lot about surrounding myself with women that are serious about their walk with God. So serious that you can see Jesus all over them! So serious that their words are as sweet as honey and their hearts are as warm as pie! She loves her Lord and it shows. Vivian is a devoted wife, mother and friend. She has ministered to me in so many ways and my prayer is that I can encourage her as much as she has me. If you are looking for a woman to inspire you, she will do it. She is a part of some exciting things going on in Canada. I even got to listen to her on a radio broadcast in Canada via the internet. She was interviewed for a special project she is a part of called Love Winnipeg. You can check it out here. http://www.lovewinnipeg.com/ She is also a part of something else called http://www.alphacanada.org/. These programs are incredible and a part of her everyday ministry. I feel so blessed to have her in my life so if you have time, be sure and check her blog out. Her love for the Lord is contagious!

With eyes like this, you know she is destined for amazing things!

Oh and if you are wondering what the gift was for Ezekiel, it was a bib that is the Canadian Flag! How cool is that?

I love you V.!! You are on the front row of my life and I am so blessed to call you friend. I had to give you a blog post all by yourself!

8 comments:

V. said...

You've for sure humbled me Amanda.

I only do for you what I know others have done for me.

I encourage you because I love Jesus and I see him in you.

I pray for you because I trust Jesus more than I know we can trust our own thoughts or plans.

I am thankful to call you my friend.

Now...do you take cream or sugar? Make mine a soy tazo-chai latte!

Christy said...

Vivian is precious... the thing I love about her is she is always the same! She loves Jesus with all she has!

Leslie said...

I have a friend too (Heidi) that I've known for almost 4 years. We met on an infertility website and quickly started emailing. Emails became phone calls (the first time we spoke was the day my son was born)which became LOTS of care packages, baby gifts, birthday presents, Christmas gifts, cards...just because. She is truly one of my best friends in this world. And we have never met! We will someday, I'm sure of it. Enjoy Vivian. She is a gift! :)

Paula said...

I really like Vivian's blog. I see why you like her. A lot of spunk!

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Isn't it amazing how we meet other kindred spirits, friends, on this blogging journey?! I thank God daily for putting amazing Christian women in my life, to hold me accountable, to encourage me, and to offer advice. It's amazing!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'll be sure to visit yours again!

Kate said...

What a sweet friend you have in each other! That is just so sweet. I hope you two can meet in real life someday - soon!!!

Anonymous said...

What a blessing! God answered our prayers when He brought Vivian into your life! How awesome!!

Love you!
Kelly Ann

Wendy said...

What a nice thing to do and awesome that you have developed such a neat friendship.

I am off to check out Vivian's blog now.