Friday, April 21, 2006

Bible Study (John)

There are so many of you that I talk to through email. You write to me and share things with me about your life. I can't even begin to tell you how much this thrills my soul! I love hearing about your joy, your heartache, your children, your husbands, yourself. It is my desire to minister to you in every way possible via the internet. Just last night I woke up around 3am because of the Holy Spirit bringing one of you to mind. Quite often the Holy Spirit leads me to pray for you in areas of your life that I don't even know about. I think the most amazing thing God has revealed to me since I have been doing this blog is His power! God is healing me and many of you even as I type!

As I talk to some of you I am realizing how we are all in this journey together. Most of you are stay at home moms, some of you are working moms, some of you don't have any kids, some of you have kids my age. Whatever place you are at as a woman, one thing remains to be totally true, we all need Jesus in our lives! Your struggles are real! But the only way as women we can truly be set free from our past, from ourselves or from any sin that entangles us is to be transformed by the power of the Holy Spirit and His word! It's so easy to go about our day and not spend time in His word. But, it's a must! We have to spend time in His word in order to know Him better. Many of you tell me you don't know what to read or that you don't have time to read. Well ladies, you can't afford not to! You also tell me that you are not sure where to start or that the Bible confuses you or that you don't understand it. So how about we do it together?

A few months ago the Lord gave me an idea for an online bible study. I knew that I needed to be in God's word but I knew that I couldn't do it on my own. So I asked two friends of mine to join me in an online bible study. It's hard to get everyone's schedules to match so meeting weekly in person was not an option. The Holy Spirit gave me a simple yet life changing idea. We would read one chapter a day and then email one another to report in. We also would send commentary to each other. For instance, we would just check in by saying, "I read today. I love that scripture that says our Father will never reject us." We kept it simple. But that way we knew we had to read. For me it worked out best to wake up early before the kids and read. My friend did it after dropping her two kid's off at school. So it's whatever works best for you as long as you stay up to date.

I promise you, I guarantee you that if you commit to this, you will be changed. The word will change you! Also as you read His word, you will be able to recognize His voice. The word is living, breathing, it can't help but to change us. If you are committed to reading God's word with me daily, then this is what you do! Email me so I will know you are on board. Also this will allow me to pray for you as the Holy Spirit leads me. And I can hold you accountable too! If you don't read one day, I can email you and check on you. Starting Monday, April 24th, we will begin reading the book of John. So Monday, is John chapter 1. That's it, one chapter! I will post a blog first thing Monday morning on John chapter 1.

First things first! If you have not accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior, let's begin there. Have you ever accepted Christ into your life? Are you washed in the blood of the lamb? If you are not sure, if there is ANY doubt, then make a decision TODAY! The Bible says in Romans 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be SAVED! Believe: "Jesus, I believe in you. I believe you are the son of God. I believe that you died on the cross to save me from my sins. Please forgive me Lord, please wash me clean and make me as white as snow. God please be the Lord of my life, my CEO, my boss, my FATHER. Jesus I ask you to be my friend and guide me for the rest of my life. In Jesus name, AMEN!"

I have been studying John for a while now so I will be starting all over with you. Something I like to do is go to www.biblegateway.com and look at the different translations. Also if you don't have a bible, you can go to this site and read your chapter every day. After you read your chapter, you can post your comments online about what you have read. Or if you don't feel comfortable doing that, email me at the address below.

If you are joining me in the John online Bible Study, email me at farmorethanrubies@sbcglobal.net. I can't wait to see what God does!! Expect amazing and miraculous things to happen in your life!

Amanda

P.S. As you read, I will be here to help you. If you have any questions that I don't know the answer to, I will find one. I have many sources!

4 comments:

Christy said...

I simply can't wait... yeah, this will be awesome! I got your email, I will call you later tonight... send me a message and tell me if 9 is too late... have a great evening!

Anonymous said...

I will be there - I am on Franks laptop and cannot email the site you mentioned - so I wanted to reply this way.

Nancy

Anonymous said...

Wow! I have never done anything like this before but I am willing to try. Please dont let me get behind. I feel bad that I did not join with abby but I am able with you since I have a bible and I have a computer. Now I just need to make the time. I am already involved in one bible study on Sunday evenings but I want so much to learn about each individual book in the bible.... so count me in!!!!

Unknown said...

Hey gals! Remember, this is not going to be hard. Don't look at this like a study where you have to answer questions, etc. This is JUST to hold us all accounatble to staying in the word. I have been getting emails from a lot of you and I want you to know this will be a DAILY reading. You can do it!