Sunday, April 02, 2006

The big 30!


Well it has officially arrived, I am thirty years old. I know that in the grand scheme of things it's no big deal but, I will say that I miss being in the 20's just a little. Although I have heard from just about ever older woman I know that the 30's are much better than the 20's and I believe them! I often have conversations with God that no one knows about and many of the things I have prayed for regarding this particular age in my life, has happened. He has shown me so many things about myself and also shown me just how much He loves me and that is all that matters! His love and the love from my family are the best gifts I could ever hope and pray for. I think that is something I have learned this year for sure! People come and people go, but those two things will always remain.

This birthday has been full of fun and surprises. It started with a cruise (my birthday present from my husband), then three different birthday dinners and a birthday lunch! I think I still have one dinner left to go! Today the phone has rang off the hook, cards have been sent and emails have flooded my inbox. I have heard from one of my bridesmaid/dear friend/high school friend, two friends that I have known since 8th grade, my friend that lives in Houston who has known me since I was a rotten twenty-two year old, new friends, old friends, and family members calling to sing Happy Birthday over the phone. What a day it has been!

But the best was spending the day with my three favorite people, Jeremy, Josiah and Ava Beth! Now, they are the ones that make my world go round! I love you. Mom, Daddy James, Dad, Randy, Char, Jon-Michael and Chrissy, Josh, Jeremy and my babies, thank you for a wonderful 30th birthday! I love you so much!

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Happy Happy Birthday!! Only 8 months left for me!

I'm glad you had a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday... and just think you are just now turning 30 and I will be turning 31 in June.
Just wanted to stop by and say hi! I connected to your blog through christy's.

Christy said...

Happy Birthday Amanda... you sure don't look 30! :0) May you have such a blessing this coming year! Thank you for being my friend! You are a true blessing to me!

Anonymous said...

Happy B-Day!!!
I personally have LOVED my thirties - so far - only one of the years has been a struggle - and that was b/c Frank lost his job - not b/c of my age ;o)))
You will enjoy the thirties - they are fun!!! I personally started feeling comfortable as me in this skin in my early thirties ;o))
Enjoy all the blessings to come ;o))

Nancy

Gwen said...

Oh my! I'm sooo behind on your posts! The last one I read was the trip! Honestly I haven't read this one yet either but I wanted to say I hope you enjoyed your 30th birthday! I don't have time to read all of these posts right now but I sure want to because as usual I'm sure they will inspire me!

Gwen said...

Okay just read this one...and let me tell you the 30's are better than the 20's for soooo many reasons but for me mainly because I am older and wiser!!! (I'm afraid to say that this October I will turn 35! YIKES...I will officially be in my mid-thirties!)