Monday, August 14, 2006

Dancing With The Stars

I am proud to say, not embarrassed to admit, I LOVE Dancing With The Stars! Finally this morning the new celebrity dancers were announced and I think this is my favorite season yet. Third time is a charm, right? Well this is the third season so I think it will be pretty amazing. Although I am four months pregnant and I am not getting any smaller! So watching these women dance their butts off and loose weight while doing so may make me a little envious at times. Most of these women are already in fabulous shape, plus they have had a few nips, tucks, lifts and add ons along the way. But thank goodness for the real women this season. They always put a Mom in the mix and as we know Moms do not have perfect bodies. No, I am wrong. Some do. If you are a Mom in Hollywood, you probably do have a perfect body. UNLESS, you are Reese Witherspoon or Julia Roberts! But those two are not on Dancing With The Stars so I better get back on subject. Plus I know what you are thinking. "I thought Amanda was not concerned with this kind of stuff. I did not think she struggled with being envious of rock hard, ripped, toned, perfectly standing breasts, non cellulite legs, pencil arms that other women have?" HA! Of course, I wish I had a body like that but I know it's not reality or at least it's not MY reality and I KNOW that God loves me and I KNOW that I am not perfect, never will be! Soooo, I just enjoy looking at perfect bodies on Dancing With The Stars. Come on! Would Lisa Rinna still love herself if she had hail damage on her thighs? Probably not. But I still love me. Well, most of the time.

Okay, so this is not a Bible lesson. There is no spiritual knowledge I have to give you today. Well so far. The say is still young. This is just me revealing my favorite show for Fall's lineup. Dancing With The Stars! September 12th can't be here soon enough! So incase you haven't heard, here are the new celebrities for this season's Dancing With The Stars!

TUCKER CARLSON- He used to have a show on CNN, now he is on MSNBC. I don't like him. I am a Fox News girl anyway.

MONIQUE COLEMAN- She is famous for the movie High School Musical. I had to sit through this movie while babysitting. I will NEVER sit through it again.

SARA EVANS- Now this is my favorite female on the show this season. If you don't like Country music, you would hate riding in my car because that's what I love. And I love Sara Evans. She is a real woman, with a real body. Plus she is beautiful not only on the outside but on the inside. She's a girl's girl. She's a MOM! GO SARA!

WILLA FORD- She is a pop star. Actually she is referred to as the bad girl of pop. Guess what? I have never heard of her!

VIVICA A. FOX- No description needed. You know who she is.

HARRY HAMLIN- Remember Lisa Rinna from last year? Well, Harry is her husband.


JOE LAWRENCE- Remember little Joey? He was in the show called Blossom and he was in some other stuff but he is most famous for saying, "Whoa." He's not really famous anymore. Maybe this will help him.

MARIO LOPEZ- Okay, don't say you did not watch Saved By The Bell because you KNOW you did! Well maybe you did. Remember Slater? Well, that's Mario. I don't really care for Mario after hearing that he cheated on his wife after a week of marriage. Yikes!

SHANNA MOAKLER- Beauty queen that I have never heard of.

EMMITT SMITH - I have to say that he is #1 on my list! OF COURSE, he was a Dallas Cowboy! After playing for the Dallas Cowboys for thirteen years, he then played for Arizona one year but signed a one day, no pay contract with the Dallas Cowboys so he could retire as a Cowboy. Now that instantly will make me call in and vote for Emmitt! Oh and he is the NFL's all time leading rusher! I think he will be good on his feet. Jerry Rice was a receiver and he did good but Emmitt will be one to watch! Look out!

JERRY SPRINGER - I have NOTHING to say about him. Perish the thought!

So there you have it! September 12th is less than a month away and I got my dancing shoes on!

8 comments:

Wendy said...

I like that show too. I did watch 'Saved by the bell.' I think it would be probably be funner to watch Screech dance.
Jerry Springer? Are you kidding? That is too funny!

I am looking forward to this show and 'The Office.' I love Dwight!

Melissa said...

Hey, stranger! Haven't been in blogland in a while, so it's good to be back.

I've heard High School Musical countless times (I try to leave the room). We have the DVD & the CD. 7 year old daughter....I'm just thanking God that we're past the Wiggles!

Anonymous said...

Ok so I don't ever watch the show. I really don't watch any show right now. ...

Minnie said...

OHHH! I LOVE Dancing W/ The Stars!!!!! I'm so excited for this season. I'll be watching it right along with you, Girl! Maybe you can come over and we can make a girl's night of it. :o)

uuu said...

What an interesting line up --- I will most likely watch it JUST because of Sara Evans. I LOVE her and she has a great story of faith. :) Can't wait to see it ----

Anonymous said...

your so funny - I caught bits and pieces of the show last season.....

I love your comments on the dancers this time - I have to say - Jerry Springer??? Are they serious??? Can you imagine Jerry fans watching this - LOL!

Nancy

Paula said...

I love it! I can't wait either. I am also an Amazing Race fan. Not to mention some other dramas. So I'm ready for the fall line up to start.

keri said...

i have GOT to catch up on your blog! i have your 2 previous posts to read still. anyway, i love these dancing shows....i can't wait til wednesday to see who wins "so you think you can dance". and i too am looking forward to dancing with the stars again. thanks for giving us the line-up! some intersting picks. i'm excited to see sara evans...i really like her music.