Gaylord Texan for his 30th. This year is going to be a little less extravagant but fun too. Yesterday I made a birthday cake for him and tonight we are going to his parents house to celebrate with all of his family. I saw someone do this on their blog for a birthday so I thought I would copy and do the same. Here it goes!
31 Things I love about my husband!
(in no particular order)
1. He is a man's man. Hunter, fisherman, a total outdoorsman! I love that!
2. He loves sports but he is not the type of man that HAS to watch sports center! THANK YOU GOD! I could not handle that!
3. He can build anything! With all of the tools he has, there is nothing that man can't build!
4. He can fix ANYTHING! ANYTHING!
5. He brags constantly on my cooking/baking and brags to other people.
6. When I am singing somewhere, he gets nervous for me.
7. When we are out to dinner, he pretends like he is Rachel Ray on her $40 a day show. After he takes his first bite, he gives me the total run down on the food. This is HILARIOUS! (you would have to see her show. she is quite crazy over her bites of food)
8. He is always trying to come up with a name for our very own show on the Food Network. He says this is how we should be making money! I agree.
9. He is the MOST hands on Dad I have ever seen! He does not make me do everything. He actually gives the baths too!
10. He always notices my new outfits and shoes! Okay, maybe this is a bad thing. :)
He pays attention and I like that!
11. He tells me everything and I do the same with him. There is nothing we hide or keep from one another.
12. He is funny. You would not think this because he is shy. But he is the funniest person I know.
13. He changes more diapers than me when he is at home!
14. He is affectionate. I have to work on this one. He is the first one to hold hands. Always.
15. He is a man of integrity. He is respected at the city gates. My husband's reputation is GOLD.
16. He is a servant. He will help anyone and he would not want the credit.
17. He takes me fishing. When I catch more than him, he doesn't get mad. He's proud of me!
18. He does not gossip, he hates it. If he hears me saying something ugly about someone, I get in trouble!
19. He is kind and gentle. He would never be forceful or confrontational. Never!
20. Why did I wait until #20 to say this? HE IS HOT! Yes, that's right! My husband is HOT!
21. He has worked for UPS for almost 13 years. He is a very hard worker and loyal to the bone.
22. He is extremely stable. He has brought so much stability to my life and I needed that.
23. He is the best looking UPS man you have ever seen! I will promise that one!
People joke with me all the time and ask if he is on the UPS calendar. I always call him Mr. January! :)
24. He is dark, very tan all year around. I love this! Olive skin! My kids got his coloring too! Yeah!
25. He is in love with me! A friend of mine told me not too long ago that she could see how Jeremy worshipped the ground I walked on. That was an incredible compliment. But she was right. I know he is my biggest fan in life. He adores me.
26. He has a country boy accent, you know kind of like Matthew McConaughey. He grew up in a small, small town. I like that about him! You should hear him say "babe." That's what he has ALWAYS called me.
27. He reads his Bible every single day, without fail! He is always in the Word! He reads the Bible to the kids.
28. He is a country boy that loves sushi! Thank you Lord! That's what he gets for marrying a city girl!
29. He cleans! He is VERY clean! You should see his side of the closet! When he was a bachelor I discovered right away how clean he was. He wipes down the sink. No water drops in the sink!
30. He is an amazing Father! Amazing! He loves our babies with everything he has.
They adore him! When they hear that garage door go up every afternoon, they run to him! I mean RUN!
31. My husband loves the Lord. He is a Godly man. He prays for me and for our kids. I find so much strength in that.
Okay, this is hard because I have to stop. There is so much more I could write about my husband. Soooooo much more! I think we should all do this sometimes with our spouses. When you start writing all these things out, you realize how blessed you are. Our marriage is not perfect and I do get mad sometimes and want to ring his neck but Jeremy is my safe place. I know I am loved by him. I know I can trust him. I know that he will always protect me and take care of me. He works so hard to take care of his family and provide for us. There is NO ONE more blessed than me! :) That's how all wives should feel about their husbands. It's a journey at times but I am so, so, so thankful that God chose me to be Jeremy's wife.
Babe, I love you. You are truly my best friend. You are the most incredible father to our children. Your character has made me a better person. I am truly a better person because of you. I am so proud of you my love. Happy 31st Birthday!