Monday, November 07, 2005

Monday, Monday

The Mamas & The Papas sing one of my favorite songs. I really enjoy the tight harmony in that song and the words are so appreciated. "Monday, Monday, can't trust that day.... ". Well, it's Monday morning and for some reason I have the absolute worst time trying to get settled into my Mondays. I have gotten to be one of those that hate Mondays. Like the song says, every other day is fine except for Monday. "Every other day, every other day Every other day of the week is fine, yeah But whenever Monday comes, but whenever Monday comes A-you can find me cryin' all of the time." So, I need your help! Today, on this Monday, I am struggling with a funk. Isn't life full of them?!!

Currently I have a lot on my plate. Exciting things, dreaded things, fun things, boring things. This morning I got up early to spend some time reading my bible and I chose to read Ecclesiastes. Ha! Have you ever read Ecclesiastes? Well, when you are feeling discouraged with tasks at hand, I am not sure it is a good one to read but obviously the Lord wanted me to read it this morning so I have to believe there was a purpose. Beginning in chapter one you pretty much feel and read that life is meaningless. Read it! Chapters one through seven take you down a road of wondering what on earth we are doing working so hard to have the things we have when it all will be gone someday anyway. Eventually the book of Ecclesiastes gets you on the right track but you have to be patient and keep reading. Finally I saw what the Lord was wanting me to read in chapter seven ,verse eight. "Endings are better than beginnings. Sticking to it is better than standing out." It is amazing how the Holy Spirit directs our time with Him. I knew that when my husband's alarm went off this morning that I had to get up to. This morning I knew I needed to hear from God and I have. I never would have chosen Ecclesiastes to read so He chose it for me. I am not sure I can be a strong finisher but I can at least try.

Two commitments are knocking on my door. One I feel is an obligation, one I feel is a lot of fun. But I know in a few weeks I will probably be tired of doing both because that is how I am. ( I hate that about me! I want to change that about me!) One I am excited about and look forward to. The other I feel is an obligation that I am bound to and can't get out of . Both, I committed to doing. Both have positive and both have negative. It seems that I am a great starter in life, but not so much in finishing. When things get boring, I want to quit. When things get hard, I want to bail. What a huge flaw to overcome! On one hand I can count the books I have read and finished. Why do I do this? Well, the Lord will show me because I am asking! I am praying hard and trying to press through so I am asking my readers to pray for me too. May God use this journey to bring me closer to Him!

Thank you Lord for giving me a Husband that is so steadfast. I can't imagine having the same job for twelve years! Jeremy is truly amazing and oh how I wish I could be more like him!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hey Amanda, I'm praying for you about this and the last post. I can relate on both accounts for the most part. Long story about our that we just left in July but somewhat similar. Even down to the baby shower a year ago!

Anyway...I always relate through scripture or lyrics and today after I read your last post about leaving your church and the pain you've been going through I heard the song "Scream" by ZoeGirl and immediately I thought of you. Here is a link to the lyrics.. http://www.jesusfreakhideout.com/lyrics/Scream.asp

I'm praying for peace for you tonight in all the areas that are causing you stress and pain.

Stephanie said...

our church...i messed up in my comment and said "Long story about our that we just left in July but somewhat similar." I was talking about our church! When I'm tired my typing leaves a lot to be desired.

Unknown said...

Wow! Thank you so much for your prayers and for your awesome encouragement. What a blessing to have someone like you praying for me. That song really has some incredible words and biy can I relate!! I have read a lot of scripture today that has helped. Thank you again so much. What a blessing your words have been!