Monday, December 05, 2005

Bam!

If the TV is not turned to Dora The Explorer, it is usually on The FoodNetwork Channel. Sometimes I actually get control of the TV and if I do, it's on a cooking show. It's a nice background noise to have while cleaning house, folding laundry or cooking supper. This channel is filled with Culinary Kings and Queens that rule a particular cuisine and share their very own recipes with you and me. One of my favorites, who is known for his French Cuisine, high energy and bursts of "BAM" is Emeril Lagasse. While adding this or adding that to his entree, He yells "BAM!" Hearing that will make anyone want to go whip up something in the kitchen! He's the Chef with personality, that's for sure! "BAM!"

Life is not always full of "Bams" as much as I would like it to be. When I was single I would pray about a future husband. For five years I wondered when on earth I would meet the person I was supposed to be with. Finally, one day "Bam!" Meeting my husband was something that I prayed about for a long time and when God thought I was ready, "Bam" I met Him. It's the same with praying to have a baby, praying for God to sell your home or praying that God will heal you or someone you know. It seems as if it will never happen and then instantly God answers your prayer. Those "Bam"moments in our spiritual walk are so sweet and precious. They are the moments that I remember when I am praying about something I am not sure about. They remind me when I think God has forgotten about me that He can do anything at anytime. BAM, married! Bam, pregnant! Bam, house sold! Bam, Doctor says test came back negative! Bam, you are healed! That's all it takes!

I have needed a "Bam" for the past four months. I look forward to sharing it with all of you as God continues to heal my heart. But I know tonight that the healing has begun! Thank you Lord for those prayers that you answer so specifically. I am learning what a detailed oriented God you are. You are so perfect in all of your ways. Wow!

4 comments:

Christy said...

Amanda, I sure needed this encouragement tonight. I too prayed for so long for a husband and all my friends around me where getting married or were in a serious relationship. I wondered when it would ever come and then once I realized God had to be my first true love and even if it were only he and I - I'd be perfectly happy... BAM! Here came the man of my dreams... the exact person I'd prayed for all that time... he is everything I ever prayed he'd be and only because he is exactly who God had for me all along... Now we are praying for a baby. I do have health concerns (could share with you in another email) and it is going to be a matter for prayer! I pray too that this will be something that happens in a BAM! Of course, his will is perfect.. Please keep me in your prayers. I do not even know you yet I love you in the Lord and you have been a blessing to me with your posts. God Bless, Christy Howell

Anonymous said...

fAmanda, I haven't commented in awhile. I have been reading everyday though. This one really spoke to me. I prayed and fasted the other day for some specific answers and God spoke clearly to me and told me to WAIT. Wait on him, trust him and he would work it all out. So I guess that's what I will do, just sit back and wait on my...BAM! I'm so excited to see what it will be!!!

Anonymous said...

This is true - I have had some BAM moments lately - I would have never thought of them in that context though ;o))
I have been wanting for soooo long to go back to school and follow MY dreams - and BAM God opened a door for me to do that and BAM I got my first sememster paid in full.
I am still praying for a few other things (or BAM moments) to fall in place as well ;o)
Again an Awesome blog ;o)))

Nancy

Unknown said...

It amazes me how we as children of such a giving God, put limits on Him. I think the bottom line is we don't belive He can do it! Today I am praying for my readers that God will give each of you a "BAM"!! I know I need one! Thanks Christy, Sonya and Nancy for sharing!