Monday, December 05, 2005

Santa, Jesus & the Hummer, Sunday School

Well, my Mom and I did some more Christmas shopping today and Josiah wanted to talk to Santa. So even though we saw Santa yesterday on a Motorcycle, we thought we would see him again! I am so happy that my kids love Santa and don't cry! Josiah has never cried. Three years in a row! Ava Beth loves Santa too! It sure helps when you are taking pictures!

Josiah thinks Santa drives a Hummer and now He thinks that Santa drives a motorcycle too! He tells me that "Jesus drives a White Hummer". Where does He come up with this stuff? In that case, He thinks that Santa and Jesus are pretty darn cool! He asked for a Yellow Hummer (the kind that is battery operated and he can drive) and I winked at Santa and said between my teeth, "Black Hummer." "How about a Black Hummer Josiah?" Santa said (Uncle Phillip). "Okay. Mommy, Ho Ho is bring a Black Hummer for Josiah!!!"

A sigh of relief for me and Daddy! We bought the BLACK HUMMER for him to drive! I think I am more excited than him. It has two seats, even has a radio with pre-set stations. Thank goodness it comes with seatbelts so Sissy can ride along.

Uncle Phillip is Santa on his Harley for a Wise County toy Drive. Sissy didn't know he was a family member. She just knew it was 40 degrees and Santa was warm! A real beard and real belly! I think he is the perfect Santa! Too little for a Barbie Jeep so she is getting clothes and learning toys and baby doll that any girl would love, A Cabbage Patch Baby!! She even has a pacifier just like Ava Beth!

All day I have been praying as I have been out and about that God would help me to teach Josiah that Christmas is all about Christ. He came home from my mom's this morning singing "Go Tell It on the mountain!" The best part is when he shouts, "Jesus Christ is BORN!" He also wants to sing Happy Birthday to Jesus and so I told him we would make a Birthday cake for Jesus. He has even began praying at Dinner. He loves to pray so we have let him pray at dinner lately. "Bless food in Jesus name. AMEN!!!" Best prayer I have ever heard! So with Santa, presents and all the fun that comes with Christmas, we are really trying to teach Him what Christ means to our Family.

Where does Jesus live Josiah? "He lives in Josiah's heart!"
What did Jesus do Josiah? "Jesus walk on water."
Tell me about Jonah Josiah? "Ooooh, Jonah is in the WHALE! And Jesus drives a white Hummer!"
Tell me about Josiah in the Bible? "Josiah is a KING! That's right!" (funny how he affirms himself with that's right!)
Come on Josiah, it's time to go to church! "No church. I wanna go to Sunday School with Ms. Tina!" (He talks about Ms. Tina, the Children's Pastor, like he sees her every single day. She played trucks and Hummers with him one time and now he adores her!)




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I don't know if you will see this reply but that just blessed my heart! I just want so badly for all children to know what the real meaning of Christmas is and for a little child to understand give me great joy and hope. You are doing a wonderful job parenting! I am so blessed that he really did remember playing trucks and hummers with me! Both of your children really are precious!

Anonymous said...

Hot Kaufee has a Pink Hummer.

Anonymous said...

Just a small confirmation of appreciation is priceless. My wife, Tina Kincaid, has been talking about this blog for two days, so I had to see what the fuss was all about. It's awesome to hear someone else besides myself confirm that Tina is doing a wonderful job in her ministry. She has been working with children for 15 years and I think she is the best! Thanks for the tidbit and letting her know about it.

Anonymous said...

Lots of people LOVE Tina Kincaid. When you are looking for a good church -- check out the Children's Ministry. Fellowship of Joy in Arlington, TX has the best Children's Pastor. I do not have small children but I do have my GRANDchildren and all of them love coming to church with PawPaw and MiMi because of TINA!!!!!!!!!!! Give honor where honor is due. Tina Kincaid plays a major part in the success of our church. Karen Pierce