Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Hello in there!


Opening the mailbox, Charlie Brown looks inside and yells, "Hello in there.. Rats! Nobody sent me a Christmas card today. I almost wish there weren't a Holiday season. I know nobody likes me. Why do we have to have a Holiday season to emphasize it?" Oh Charlie Brown, I so know how you think. I am just like you!

Ever since I was a little girl I have loved Charlie Brown. Instead of Strawberry shortcake sheets for my bed, I had Charlie Brown sheets! He was a kid after my own heart. For some reason I was cursed with a "nobody likes me" mindset as a kid and I have had to fight my whole life to not feel that way. It's an awful feeling and draining to others. It seems no matter where I go, I always fight that feeling. It's a battle for me and probably will be my whole life. Each year as I get older, a little more of this mentality is chipped away and I start to feel better about who I am. A lot of people are shocked that I deal with this issue because I am usually the loudest person in the room.

I love to make people laugh and I don't usually meet a stranger.
But, deep down I am always afraid to love because I usually love with all of my heart and get hurt.

All of us have a battle that we fight. Maybe it's your mind that you fight. I know that's my battle. Maybe it's an insecurity, jealousy, anger, depression. Whatever it is, we all have something that we deal with. Today, I am learning to thank God for those things I struggle with the most. It is those things that bring us to our knees. For those ugly things in my life have kept me so dependent on HIM.

Shutterfly finally got my Christmas Cards delivered, so your mailbox will not be empty very much longer!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean...I struggle with keeping people at a distance. But we all have our issues and the good thing is that He is here to help us get through them! I too love Charlie Brown!!

Kelly G.

Anonymous said...

Hey there -
I to used to feel this way. I always was worried that someone might not like me. I used to worry that people would talk about me behind my back. Just the thought of not having EVERYONE like me used to really kinda eat at me. Maybe it is getting older and wiser - but one day it kinda hit me like a ton of bricks. I was like I don't LIKE everyone - so why should EVERYONE like me??? As simple as that sounds - it was like ok good now I can be ME and not have to impress everyone.
So - I don't like everyone, I don't think it makes me a bad person - I am never intentionally mean to anyone. I try my best - like my mamma taught me - to be nice to EVERYONE - but does not mean I really, really always like them. Ok, I guess I have rambled enough - hope I mad sense...

I like you ;o))

Nancy

Unknown said...

Wow Nancy! That is so true. What a way to put it!! I really like what you wrote!

Anonymous said...

I don't usually struggle with if people will like me, but struggle with that they like someone else more than me, that somehow I am not enough, some one else is better than me. Working on it, though! Charlie Brown Christmas is one of my favorites!

Unknown said...

Sonya, I saw you yesterday at my mom's salon and you looked hot! You looked so pretty! You are a beautiful woman inside and out and so many people not only like you, they ADORE you.

Anonymous said...

OK! There is this lady at my salon who doesn't like me. (By her own admission)Everyone thinks it's funny. I don't. I have no idea why she doesn't like me. If someone doesn't like me -- I want to know why. Is it my strong personality? People who are strong STILL get their feelings hurt. People who are strong are strong because they have people in their lives that enhance and strengthen them and build them up. Don't hate us because we are strong. Why doesn't she like me? I thought everybody liked me!

Anonymous said...

Well this blog I totally relate to, and by reading all the comments, looks like I'm not alone! It sure makes me feel better that I'm not the only one dealing with these issues! It's hard being a woman. I think we all struggle with insecurities and it's just our nature to want everyone to like us no matter what. I love what Nancy wrote...we should have that attitude - just be YOU! And Karen, I love you for who you are! That lady just doesn't know what she's missing out on!!
Amanda, I love what you said in the end, we have to be thankful for the struggles because God needs us to be humble, and those things do keep us dependent on Him! I love the way you think!! God Bless you!!

Unknown said...

Well Mom, she must like me because she always smiles and buys baked goods from my baking business so maybe I will win her over for you. Plus, when I was in your salon yesterday with foils on my head, she smiled at me. She KNOWS I'm your daughter too. Anybody that knows my Mom knows that there is no one out there that could not love her. If you know her heart, you have to love her. She is amazing. The best thing about moving was having you so close. I think I see you at least twice a week. I love it!

Anonymous said...

I love you Karen and I love what you do to my hair!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sonya, I struggle with exactly the same thing. I think people like me, but I know they like everyone else a little more. I've been feeling that a lot the past few months. Maybe that comes from being out of the loop since Peyton has arrived, but I don't enjoy this feeling.

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH! CINDY!!! You are such a beautiful woman and I have heard that that baby girl is gorgeous!!!! You are one of those people that EVERYONE says great things about. I have missed you!! AND I have never seen anyone look as good as you pregnant!

Anonymous said...

Cindy_ I would have to agree, and not just that you looked great pregnant, but you look great now..you cannot even tell you had a baby! You are a joy and have such a sweet spirit and you bless me.

Kelly Greneaux

Anonymous said...

Well thank you for the encouraging words, you guys are sweet! I guess being at home all the time with a new baby can really make you feel lonely. I'm still adjusting to not being able to do anything and everything whenever I feel like it!

Unknown said...

Cindy, it is hard. I remember those days. It gets easier and easier and easier. I am constantly putting my kids in the car to go somewhere. I stayed home more with Josiah but now I am always on the go. I owe that to other women in my life that showed me just because you are a stay at home mom does not mean you have to STAY AT HOME! Now is the best time to teach Peyton how to shop!! Load her up and get going!!