Saturday, December 03, 2005

You just never know who is reading!

Whenever I write my blog, I know that I will have a few people take the time to read it. Some will even take the time to post a comment. But, how many people really read it?

This morning, I learned of two readers of my blog that I did not know I had. You never know who reads your blogs. What a responsibility I have!

My mom invited one of her precious friends, Candi and her daughter to come to a Christmas Tea. So I got to sit with them and visit about our lives and many other things. While talking, Candi told me that she read my blog. "I wanted to tell you how much I enjoy reading your blogs. I really enjoy reading all the things you write." Well, that made my day! I know how much my mom thinks of Candi and how talented Candi is (she paints beautiful things in homes, in churches, everywhere), so to think that she takes time to read my blog was very flattering. So Candi, you have no idea how much your words meant to me this morning. Thank you.

Since my Mom reads my blogs and sometimes comments, she obviously thinks a lot about what I write. So much that she not only forwards them to Candi and many of her other friends but she has been forwarding my entries to her friend and Pastor's wife, Gina. This morning Gina walked up to me, hugged me and said, "Mandi, I just want to tell you that your blogs are so inspirational to me. You are so transparent and I love reading all that God gives you. You are such a talented writer. I have your blog on my favorites so I check it every day to see if you have a new post. They really encourage me. Oh and I am anxiously awaiting the recipe blog you are going to start!" Say what? You mean she is encouraged by ME? God uses ME to speak to her? This incredible church's Pastor's wife reads MY blog every single day and is BLESSED by what I write??????????? WOW! She also looks forward to getting my recipes? Okay, this is a woman that everyone speaks so highly of. A woman that has FOUR kids! A woman that has the most sweetest spirit? The woman my own mother looks up to? The woman that is the wife of a Pastor that has a successful, growing, wonderful church? Say what? Gina, today God used you to love me like you wouldn't believe. I sometimes wonder what on earth this almost thirty year old woman is doing. I wonder what I am becoming and how on earth I can be better at being a mom and wife and you tell me you are encouraged by ME! Thank you Gina. I consider it an honor that God uses me to speak anything into your life. I pray that God will continue to use me. Thank you.

You just never know who may read your blog folks! I pray that my words will be a healing balm to many. What a responsibility I have to share the love of Jesus with READERS around the world!

5 comments:

Christy said...

Amanda, I was playing around on the pc while my husband is studying for tomorrows church service (my hubby is an evangelist & pastored for 5 years.) and found your blog while typing in "friend" under search. I have no idea how to get around on blogger.com and only have had a blog for a few days. I must say your blog blessed my heart. Your zeal to be used by God. You just do not see that often today -- especially someone around our age (I'm not too much older than you!). What a blessing.... be encouraged.

Christy said...

Meant to ask you a ? Do you know how to delete the links off our blogs? I have a few from google and such, can't seem to get them off. Thanks

Anonymous said...

Hi Amanada:

Don't know if you will remember me or not - my name is Nancy Roso, Frank Roso is my husband. Anyway - I stumbled onto your blog one day by reading over his shoulder while folding clothes. Frank was going throuhg some emails and I saw one from you and I saw the title (don't remember what it was now) but anyway - I thought it was one of the emails you used to write and send out - so when he got up I opened up the email from you and discovered your blog ;o))
I book marked it as a favorite and I too read it or check just about every day - I always enjoyed the emails you used to send so the blog has been a blessing and source of inspiration for me as well. I guess SOMETIMES it pays to look over hubbys shoulder ;o)) wink-wink....

Anyway - after catching up today I had to respond and let you know I have been lurking.

I am soon going to floow a dream of my own and your blogs have been an inspiration to do so - I am going back to school to become a Licensed Counselor for those with Addictions - God knows I have experience there - so.....
Anyway - keep it up and keep being real.
;o)) Nancy Roso

Unknown said...

Nancy, of course I know who you are!!! Christ Temple, Pathways! You are tall and beautiful, I can see your face now!

I am so excited that you read my blog! It amazes me that anyone find enjoyment reading something I write. I feel so blessed.

I think it is awesome that you are going to follow your dream. I think God has been equipping you for that. You will be an inspiration to so many.

We should get our families together some time! Tell Frank I said Hi!!!

Anonymous said...

I am a friend of Kathy Allen's. She told me about your blog. I have needed to hear so many of your posts and each time I read, it is what I need to hear. You will never know what you have meant to me. By reading your items, I have been so healed. I have had a lot of "things" in my life and it is difficult to explain. You have given me hope and encouragement-more than you will ever know. Just know that you are really helping me, and if you can help me-there are a lot more you are helping. Keep it up.