Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Ephesians 3

It's been a rough day. Sorry for posting chapter 3 so late. I am really lacking energy right now and feel like I am going to throw up pretty much all day long. I feel best when I am sleeping! But it's all worth it. I am so blessed to be pregnant so NO complaints. Just a hard day!

But this makes it all better.

20Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen (NIV)

20-21God can do anything, you know-far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us. (The Message)

20Now glory be to God! By his mighty power at work within us, he is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope. 21May he be given glory in the church and in Christ Jesus forever and ever through endless ages. Amen. (NLT)

This scripture is by far my favorite scripture. When I was in Junior High, I listened to a Christian group called Acapella. They sang a song based on this scripture. When things were rough at home, school or anything else, I would listen to this song. It became my anthem and still is today. The more I read this scripture, the more I see it, the more I say it, the more it soaks in. If I really and truly believe this, then I KNOW great things are ALWAYS in store for my life.

6 comments:

Kellie said...

Amanda, I am praying. I would like to say that I know how you feel. But I know that each of us are different. I just know how I felt when I was pregnant, and it was tough. I will pray for relief and that the foods you can keep down will sustain and not get boring and old.

Thank you for continuing to post even though this is a hard time. You are blessing so many lives and hearts. I love you and I know the others do to just by their continued intrest in this blog and study. I pray for GOD'S blessing on you and your family today.

By the way I read. It was great reading. I love Paul's work. It is where I learned that the Bible relates to us even after so many years. His work is dear to me because of that.

V6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel: KJV.

We are all accepted into the body of CHRIST. We are under the promis of the Good News. Prais GOD!

V. said...

My prayer for the whole group today is:

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen (insert your name here!) with power through his Spirit in your inner being,

17so that Christ may dwell in (your name's) hearts through faith. And I pray that (your name), being rooted and established in love, 18may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that (your name) may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

Take some time to pray that over somebody you know today!

Sarah said...

sometimes i think i need to believe that more.
"immeasurably more than what we ask or imagine"

i wish i believed it before it happened.

i wish i had enough faith to pray that.

ONe day.
Prayerfully, not too far away.

Seeker4Christ said...

3:12In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence. This is awe-inspiring. The fact that we can come to Him with freedom and confidence. Freedom? What does that mean? Dictionary.com defines it as ‘The condition of being free from restraints.’ And what about confidence? 1) Trust or faith in a person or thing, 2) The state or quality of being certain (there are more, but these were the ones I liked). Then, v14 through19. Another passage of scripture I often prayed over people. I also like how Paul gets excited in verse 20. Very encouraging!

Anonymous said...

I know I never posted but I read.

momteacherfriend said...

V14 For this reason I kneel before the Father...

God has been dealing with me about positions of prayer.
We can pray anytime. anywhere, any ole way. Driving, standing, running, sitting, kneeling, prostrate, over our children with, laying on hands, hands toward the heaven...
Yet he loves a humble spirit! There needs to be built into my life a time to kneel before the Father. Down on my knees, humble before Him, placing me in proper position before the Most Holy God.