Friday, June 02, 2006

Galatians 6

1Dear brothers and sisters, if another Christian[a] is overcome by some sin, you who are godly should gently and humbly help that person back onto the right path. And be careful not to fall into the same temptation yourself. 2Share each other's troubles and problems, and in this way obey the law of Christ.

I have to be honest. Today I am finding that I have unresolved sin in my life. It's called unforgiveness. I woke up with it today. It came on quite suddenly by a dream I had last night. We all have had those experiences where we have been wronged for no good reason. Remember, I am a fighter so this is hard for me. I want to fight for my rights, fight for my beliefs, fight for what I know to be truth. But there are times when you have to quit and just forgive. The Holy Spirit pointed this out to me today, loud and clear! "You haven't truly forgiven." The voice of the Holy Spirit was obvious so now I must heed His voice and get right. A friend pointed this sin out to me as well, just like the scripture says to do. She did it in love, that's what I needed. So for those of you that pray for me, pray that I can truly forgive once and for all.

10Whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to everyone, especially to our Christian brothers and sisters.

Someday we will all be in Heaven together. Have you ever really thought about that? What about a fellow Christian friend, business partner, boyfriend, girlfriend, that is no longer a part of your life because of a falling out? This happens a lot. We are all a bunch of sinners trying to live on this earth together so it's bound to happen. But someday we will all be together. When I really think about that it helps me to forgive and forget. It makes me want to do good to everyone! This should be our motto in life. If we could all remember this, a lot less churches would split. A lot less marriages would end and a lot more people would be saved. Instead of the world seeing Christians tear each other down, they would see us building each other up. That would save lives!

14As for me, God forbid that I should boast about anything except the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ. Because of that cross,[b] my interest in this world died long ago, and the world's interest in me is also long dead. 15It doesn't make any difference now whether we have been circumcised or not. What counts is whether we really have been changed into new and different people. 16May God's mercy and peace be upon all those who live by this principle. They are the new people of God.[c]

All that denominational mess doesn't matter! Jesus is the only thing that matters! He's coming back and it's not for the Baptists, the Methodists, the Catholics or the Pentecostals, it for the Christ followers, the Jesus lovers, the Saints!

5 comments:

Kellie said...

This chapter is so full of little nuggets of gold. Paul writes like he is trying to get it all down before he forgets. I could talk about so many of these verses. So I will just pick one and go for it.

V6 Anyone who receives instruction in the word must share all good things with his instructor.

At some time you were troubled and needed guidence. You searched out someone to help and they did. Now not only is the issue resolved, but also you have made a great improvement in other areas of your life. You have grown because of the guidence from the helper.

You need to remember to thank the helper and tell them all the good that has come out of the situation. Not only to encourage them but it will lighten your own spirit as well. You will feel great encuraging someone else for something they did unselfishly.

Love you all. Have a great weekend. Please keep me posted on prayer requests.

Seeker4Christ said...

Galatians 6:9Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

This is a verse my mom used to quote to me. Growing up a Christian going to a public school was difficult ten plus years ago (can't imagine what its like now!). So anyways, she used to quote this to me, which kinda made me mad, but I understood that she didn't want me to let go of my faith and beliefs just because it was hard and the peer pressure was there. While I never completely gave up God, I did turn my back for awhile, and I feel that one of the key elemental reasons why was because this verse was a part of me and also because I had a mother who would stop at nothing to pray for me to return home. Thank you Jesus!

momteacherfriend said...

V10 Therefore, as we have oppurtunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

Thanks to everyone who has been so good to me!

Lord, help me to see the needs around me. Open my eyes to oppurtunity. Thank you that you bless me to be a blessing to others. Let me not grow weary of doing good but continue on with fevor. Thank you for all who are a blessing to me. You use so many to show me your love. Let me share that love with others.

V. said...

I am reading by the way.....just been a very busy few days, not much chance to write!

V.

mommyofangels said...

I read and re-read and re-read.

Make a careful exploration of who you are and the work you have been given, and then sink yourself into that.

My work, my mission, that's what I should focus on... God has been speaking to me on this issue. What is my mission? To be a servant to God and to spread the Gospel.