Thursday, June 22, 2006

I need a break! (revised)

When I started the online Bible reading, I wanted to accomplish two things. First I want to figure out a way to keep myself accountable to being in the Word daily. Mission accomplished! I have been going strong for several months now! Thank you Lord! Second I wanted to encourage other women to do the same because I know that all of us have busy lives and don't always make it a priority to be in the Word. Mission accomplished! Thank you Lord for all the women that are staying in your Word! It's all because of Him!

A few weeks ago we began "Go Eat Popcorn". Galatians, Ephesians and Philippians have been wonderful books in the Bible that have helped me so I wanted to read them with you. A few of you encouraged me to keep going and finish with Colossians so I agreed. But, today I am done. I plan on continuing my study in this book but I won't be posting my thoughts every day. So continue on, just know that you don't have to post here anymore telling me that you have read.

With a three and one year old, and one on the way, I have realized that I really need some time for me. I am worn out! All of you moms out there know that feeling of burn out. I have blogged while the kids are napping or late at night or early in the morning or when my husband is home. But, it's become too much. It's not fun anymore. I need a break! Writing has always been something I love so I know I will continue but for now I just need to focus on my role as a Mommy and a wife! The Lord is doing a brand new work in me and I feel I need to get a way so I can figure out what it is. I'm still a blogger and I still read a few but right now I am going to try to do it less.

Thank you for always praying for me and ministering to me. You women ROCK and teach me so much about the Lord and being a Mom. You truly bless me. Thank you for reading the Bible with me, it has been an HONOR.

***I have been reading Sink Reflections by The FlyLady and it is changing my household and me! FlyLady has 11 commandments and the fourth one really showed me something that I needed to think about! 4. Don't allow yourself to be sidetracked by the computer!

8 comments:

Minnie said...

Amanda, let me first say HOW MUCH I admire your guts and maturity to step up and recognise that blogging is a good thing, but not a GREAT thing and that your walk with the Lord and your family come FIRST! I understand completely the need to step back and regroup your life, your marriage, your household and, most importantly, your relationship with God. Blogging tends to take over sometimes and give us all a false sense of belonging and feeling needed and important. It is definitely a delicate balance that can easily be thrown off.

Don't let anyone sway you with words of how much your blog means to people and what a huge ministry you have going here. It is absolutely true and I have no doubt that you have touched people for Christ (I know you have touched me), but, like ALL people in ministry must do from time to time, you must say "no" to good things in order to say "yes" to GREAT things. We should all be saying "no" much more often than we are saying "yes". Otherwise our whole life is thrown out of balance. (Can you hear the Ed Young coming out in me?? :o) )

See you when you get back. Call me in the mean time and we'll maintain that perfect harmony of chatting and screaming at our kids in complete sync with each other. :o)

I will certainly be praying for you during your much-needed break as I'm sure so many others will be doing as well.

Love you TONS!

Seeker4Christ said...

wow! I'm surprised, as I feel pulled from the time taken to post a response to every reading, as well. God is doing a work in me as well as to priorities and not letting the computer and reading so many people's blogs take up so much time. They are wonderful. They are an encouragement. It is awesome to see what kinds of work God is doing in people's lives, and it is also wonderful to be able to know how to encourage others when they are down. However, it takes away much time from family and chores. Recently, my DH told me that I was an "internet junkie". It hurt. A lot. It still does, and I am trying to heal, and not nurse that wound. Not the point. Anyways, there is a very delicate balance between finding useful information and helping others, and unloading your mind and just plain letting time slip away. For the past few days, I have felt at a loss as to posting comments based on the readings. I'm quite certain this is why. It's all part of Gods Master plan for now. Please, though, Amanda, let me know if you ever decide to do an online study again -- I would definately be interested. Also, drop me a line once in a while on my blog and I will do the same on yours. ~ Can't wait to see pics of your ultrasound and find out what you are having, etc!!!! :)) Many blessings to you and your family.
Love, Chalice

Kellie said...

Amanda, I love you. You ROCK, too. These other comments say alot and I can't say much more. I totally understand what you mean by the computer taking to much time. I get tired of it too. I am also watching two children that are not my own and we plan on our third child starting in August. So then you and I will be doing the same thing. I had thought of asking you if I could take over for you. But the HOLY SPIRIT didn't give me peace about that thought. So I didn't ask. Let me pray about it and maybe I will start a study to keep up what you started. I understand that that may not sound like too much help. I don't want you to feel like you have to be a participant. I just feel like there are many out there touched by this. And maybe we are supposed to continue this. I have just come into contact with an old friend and she seems to need this. I AM NOT ASKING YOU TO CONTINUE. I am just letting you know what is on my heart. I am praying for you and the baby as well as your DH and the kids as I am lead (it is different every day).
Love you,
Kellie

momteacherfriend said...

Thankful for the time we have had together. Praying your time away is only for a season. Thanks Amanda. Much love.

V. said...

Have a good break.

Thanks for what you've done and the friend you've become.

mommyofangels said...

Great decision. I too have taken a break, I don't post everyday like I have been.
I was reading my bible yesterday, and came across some scripture that I thought was relevant to your husband's situation.

Psalm 19
161 Rulers persecute me without cause,
but my heart trembles at your word.
162 I rejoice in your promise
like one who finds great spoil.

163 I hate and abhor falsehood
but I love your law.

164 Seven times a day I praise you
for your righteous laws.

165 Great peace have they who love your law,
and nothing can make them stumble.

166 I wait for your salvation, O LORD,
and I follow your commands.

167 I obey your statutes,
for I love them greatly.

168 I obey your precepts and your statutes,
for all my ways are known to you.

Sarah said...

Hey Amanda!!
Well it's nice to see that you've reached your goals in blogging. IT's nice to see how many lives have been touched.
It's great to know that we can do the Lord's work in many different ways.
You're blessed and you're a blessing.

DO keep us on the loop however, we've all grown very fond of you!! :)

Lots of love,
Sarah

Anonymous said...

I love using Fly Lady as well. It really helps me.