Friday, May 05, 2006

JOHN 10 & the loss of my mind!

Good morning ladies! I have read John 10 and I can't wait to share with you about John 11 on Monday. John 11 is one of my favorite chapters. Today I want to let you know that I have read John 10 but much like yesterday, I don't have much to write about. But please know, I READ.

It's official, I am loosing my mind. I have been in this house ALL week long with these kids and as much as I love them and love what I do, I am ready for some Mommy time. Well, I can't get that just yet so the kids and I are leaving the house today and headed to the biggest mall in Texas. The biggest mall in Texas is only ten minutes from my house so don't worry, no road trips with the kids for me today! Yikes! I've cleaned up vomit and diarrhea way too much this week. Praise the Lord Ava Beth and Mommy and Daddy have remained HEALTHY! We have had a complete 24hours of no sickness so I feel we are safe heading to the mall. The greatest thing is, I will be with my best friend in the whole world, Rebecca. We moved nine months ago and until that time Rebecca lived across the street from me for almost four years. We built our house across the street from each other on purpose. We were inseparable! So, today we will shop and fight the screams of our children together. Mommy power is so much better when you have a fellow mommy joining you.

So there, nothing very spiritual today. I still love Jesus with all my heart and tomorrow I will have entire morning alone while the kids are with the G-Force (aka GRANDPARENTS) and Jeremy is fishing! Alone time, wow.

Much love to all of you women. You really have brought so much joy to my life!

-Amanda

(P.S. As hard as it is with two sometimes, yes I still want another baby.)

11 comments:

momteacherfriend said...

Verse 10 has been a pivotal verse for me this year.
10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

It would take many post to expound on this verse alone.

I loved what it said about hearing knowing his voice. We talked about this last week in my couples bible study. Distinguishing the voice of the Lord and Satans. Someone mentioned that when she is getting mixed messages she prays "Lord you say that your sheep will hear your voice and know your voice. Help me to know your voice." She then shared it becomes clear which is of God and which is lies from Satan.

So much good in this chapter it would take days to glean it all.

Thank you Lord that you speak to each of us. Help us to know your voice. Thank you that we are your sheep and you are the good shepard. Praise you Lord.

Kellie said...

I read. I love you all. GOD is truely working in my life and the lives around me. And Satan hates it. He is scrambeling around with his tricks. I am happy to say that GOD has a firm hold on me, and I have been coming to HIM more and more throughout the day. It is awesome.

Anonymous said...

Hey! I am jealous! Have fun shopping!!! Glad everyone is well.

I am gonna email you later! I have some cool things to share with you - stuff you have prayed with me about ;o)))

Nancy

Anonymous said...

All I Read Today: John 10
Best Thing I Marked: John 10:3-5

Thought: "The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger's voice."

How It Impressed Me: I love these verses because I struggle with knowing and hearing God's voice all the time. Some days I can recognize his voice and respond immediately. Whereas other days I can listen and try to focus, but all I hear and feel is a chaotic, jumbled mess in my head. My heart wants to follow him, but there are times when I just can't hear him. God - I want to know your voice. I want to follow you where ever you lead. Help me filter out what is not of you. I need your help! I can't so this without you!

Gwen said...

I have not read yesterday or today. I feel I need to confess that. I am on my way out the door for a weekend girl scout camping event with my daughter. Daddy is staying home with the little ones. I'm looking forward to some time alone with Hope. I know I will catch up on the reading!

Have a great weekend and enjoy your time alone tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

I read.... I hope you enjoy your weekend Amanda!

Anonymous said...

We all need Mommy time at times - no doubt about that!

I hope you have a good weekend. I need to start reading with y'all.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ladies,
I have been reading this week, but I have been horrible about posting to that effect. I hope that everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Courtney

mommyofangels said...

John 10:

What God is telling me:
and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. 5But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger's voice.

What my response is:
Lord, in order to know your voice better, I will stay in the word, so that I will not be lead astray by a stranger. I will strive to put your word in my heart, and in my mind.

Anonymous said...

amanda: i haven't read in some time. *sigh* i don't know why...

Anonymous said...

those children sure are beautiful.