Monday, May 01, 2006

John 7 & and the stomach flu

What a night it has been! I decided to post my thoughts for John 7 tonight because Josiah started throwing up about 5pm this afternoon. It may be a long night. At lunch I shared a popsicle with him and Ava Beth so we have all three been exposed. So please join me now as I rebuke sickness! Last time this happened, we all got sick except for Jeremy. You know when one of your kids starts throwing up, your stomach instantly feels weird. I am praying that it's all in my mind so please pray with me.

My friend Kelly Ann and I have been studying John for a while so I knew that John 7 was one of my favorite chapters. I realized in this chapter how much God's timing is important. 6Jesus replied, "Now is not the right time for me to go. But you can go anytime, and it will make no difference. 7The world can't hate you, but it does hate me because I accuse it of sin and evil. 8You go on. I am not yet[a] ready to go to this festival, because my time has not yet come." 9So Jesus remained in Galilee. Timing was crucial for Jesus and it's crucial for us. I know that the Lord has called me to be a wife and a mom, that is first. But I long to minister to women. I struggled with this calling for a long time because I did not understand it. In fact, I didn't want it. A while back I had a dear friend that felt the calling to be a Woman's Pastor and I said "That's great but there is no way I could ever do that. Not women!" Singing has always been my thing. I love to worship, I love to sing, I love to sing in front of huge crowds, I love music. So I always assumed that would me my ministry and I am sure it always will be to some extent. But, I knew God had called me into a particular ministry beyond that. There was no way I wanted to minister to women though, no way! Women have hurt me, women are sometimes hard to love, women are sometimes mean to each other, women are like me! As God kept revealing to me that my primary ministry was going to be with women, I thought there was no way because I knew I couldn't love other women if I didn't love myself. Then a few months back, God showed that it was it was time to take a step in that direction as far as ministry was concerned. Now, I long to be a minister to women. I long to teach them and help them find healing and restoration in their life. But right now, that call has not come to total fruition because I know it's not time. When will that time come? I don't know. I know what I desire that picture to look like but I have to wait on God's timing. For now, I will be faithful in the areas He has given me now. Until the dream comes alive, I will minister to every woman he puts in my path. And may I pursue relationships so I may minister and be ministered to. His timing will be perfect. So as I share recipes, may I share His love. It starts with the simple things.

37On the last day, the climax of the festival, Jesus stood and shouted to the crowds, "If you are thirsty, come to me! 38If you believe in me, come and drink! For the Scriptures declare that rivers of living water will flow out from within."[b] 39(When he said "living water," he was speaking of the Spirit, who would be given to everyone believing in him. But the Spirit had not yet been given, because Jesus had not yet entered into his glory.) I pray that the Lord Jesus will use me daily. Whether it's in my home, my church, my blog or my grocery store, may living water flow deep within me.

(Totally off subject. I heard that all the teenagers are big into this thing called MySpace.com, well I had never really heard of it. But now I know. It's not just teenagers that are into it, it's 30 year olds! Now, I feel old! I have found so many people from High School, it's crazy! When you graduate from a huge school in a huge town, you forget about a lot of people. Half of them I really don't remember! It's kind of neat to re-connect. So if you are wanting to find some old classmates, go to myspace.com.)

14 comments:

Sarah said...

I guess sometimes I don't think "patience" should be a priority in my life.

When in fact, it's very important for our spiritual growth.

Having patience allows us to clearly listen to God.

It's something we should all strive for.
I know for a fact I should!

Anonymous said...

All I Read Today: John 7
Best Thing I Marked: John 7:30

Thought: "At this they tried to seize him, but no one laid a hand on him, because his time had not yet come."

How It Impressed Me: This verse reminds me of how powerful God is. Nothing happens outside his perfect timing or without purpose. It's easier for me to stomach life if I assign all the 'bad' things to Satan and all the 'good' things to God. But the truth still remains that nothing occurs in this life without God's purposeful allowance. About this time last year I miscarried our second child. I had people say things like "Why did God allow this to happen?" "I don't understand why this happened!" Although I was hurt, sad and mad, I knew in my heart that God was in complete control and had a plan outside my view and understanding. We may never fully understand God's purpose in this situation, but I do know this...I am more intimate with God than EVER before. God - You are in total control! I trust you! Help me not get caught up in the 'how’s' and 'whys' and the 'why nots'. Help me get caught up in you! Help me rest in you! I can't do this without you!

Anonymous said...

Hello!
I read! I am behind so I read 6 today! Tomorrow I have finals and then I know I will get caught up ;o))

I rebuke sickeness in your home!!! Especially stomach flus - yuck! But if you do get it - I have phernergan and I will bring you some! It willl make you stop throwing up!

You already ARE a womens minister! This is JUST the begining for you - I think this blog will be where you get your feet wet - so to speak.

Nancy

Kellie said...

V33. Jesus said, "I am with you for only a short time, and then I go to the one who sent me. 34. You will look for me, but ou will not find me; and where I am, you cannot come.

I couldn't help but wonder if this was a new concept to these leaders. They seemed to be living for life only not for eternity truely. After HIS short time on this earth then HE would be somewhere else? Weird, huh? As we know, it is truth and Praise GOD. We have the hope and assurance of eternity with HIM not just trying everyday in our lives to live for HIM we have eternity to be with HIM.

Thank YOU LORD for being truth. Thank YOU for giving us the ability through YOUR Word to see YOU. Thank YOU for giving us eternity through JESUS CHRIST. I love YOU.
In JESUS name. Amen.

momteacherfriend said...

If I would have commented before reading the post it would have been much the same...no kidding!

The verse that stuck out to me the most was V6 Therefore Jesus told them, "The right time for me has not yet come; for you any time is right.
It is confirmed to me how important timing is. God's perfect timing. God hasalso laid on my heart a new ministry. When it was shown to me, I was like, ME, NOT ME! I don't know how to do that, I don't know what that looks like. I will refrain at this time from saying what THAT is. He also shared with me that this is a season of training I don't need to go to school for it, I don't need to take classes. The training will take place in my living room. Then a day will come that it will be public (still a little scary.) I also know it is not about me. I indeed can not do it, only with the help and guidance of the Holy Spirit will it be accomplished. There are other things that are for NOW! So I am stepping out and doing those things.

Another verse was V50-51 Nicodemus, who had gone to Jesus earlier and who was one of their own number, asked, 51"Does our law condemn anyone without first hearing him to find out what he is doing?"

Nicodemus was a Pharisee that was curious about Jesus. He confronted the Pharisees on not following their own law. Condemning without first hearing to find out the truth.

Lord, I praise you for you are good. Your timing is perfect. I can not on my own do the things ou have called me to do. Thank you for sending the Spirit. Thank you that you will teach me all I need to know. Help me to be obedient in all things. Lord, also, help me not to condemn anyone, or anything without first examining it to see if it is truth. I know that there is much you have opened my eyes to in the last couple months. I think of what would have been lost if I would have disregarded them before looking in to them. Thank you for your faithfulness, for revelation and YOUR TRUTH. Bless all those that are doing this study. Help all to keep the commitment to read. Open their hearts that they may receive from you, their eyes and ears that they may hear and see you. Bring health to Amandas home! In Christ Name, AMEN!

Amanda...I agree with Nancy that this is the beginning of that ministry. Your training!

mommyofangels said...

18He who speaks on his own does so to gain honor for himself, but he who works for the honor of the one who sent him is a man of truth;

Just as Jesus spoke and worked only to honor the father, I should work to honor the Fahter and not to gain honor for myself.

Lord, thank you for giving me a job that I love. I pray that I will always honor you in the work that I do, and that I will give all honor to you. Lord when I finish this project everyone will know it was because of your wisdom that I was able to complete it.

V. said...

When I hear Jesus say "it's not my time" I really take that to heart.

For awhile now I too, know God is calling me to something. However, I don't, and haven't shared it with anyone.

As Mary did I "keep it hidden in my heart". It is in the depths of my heart that I ask Jesus to minister, to clarify, to act, to manifest.

One day, I know he will reveal it and I will know that I know that I know he has called me specifically by name.

V.
(hope your family is doing better today!)

Dionna said...

I hope you don't get sick Amanada! Hang in there. The stomach flu is the worst.
Hey - I have a new code up in my sidebar that should be really easy for you to put the icon up now. Give it a try okay? :)
Hugs -

Gwen said...

I read today!

Kiki Cherry said...

Amanda,

You sound like a budding Beth Moore!!!

"Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."--Psalm 37:4

I like this idea of an online Bible study, and want to participate as I can.

Thanks for doing this!

Christy said...

I hope you are feeling much better and I agree, your the next Beth!

Anonymous said...

I read!
The part that spoke to me was when they wanted him to go to Judea where He was to be killed and He said it just was not His time.... I have come to understand this message more than once in my life. Things are to always happen on Gods perfect timimg.
We all want things to happen when they when we want them to but we have to accept that things don't happen on our time but Gods time. We all go through trial and tribulations for good reason... especially to build our character and what a wonderful way but to go through the experience and become an even better person because of it.

Unknown said...

I don't know about the rest of you but I am not being notified through email when you post a comment. So all day I have been thinking NO ONE was reading! Praise the Lord, you are all alive and reading!

Sean Dietrich said...

Hey,
I really enjoy your blog! Thanks for your honest heart and truthfulness, it is refreshing to hear someone be real. Its cool to read about real people who serve Jesus.

I am a musician, and I would be honored if you would check out my music. All music on my site is free for download. Anyway, don’t want to be a pest, I just thought that I’d share.

Thanks,
-Sean
_____________________
www.SeanDietrich.com
“All my music is free.”