Wednesday, May 10, 2006

John 12 again for Wednesday

If you have ever been a part of a Bible Study, you know that it almost always starts out with a bang! You may have thirty women signed up but only twenty-five show up for the first meeting. Then kids get sick, bad weather comes, life happens and the next meeting there are only fifteen women that show up. It happens!

So here we are at the half way point with the book of John. The emails have been less and less and the excitement has died down. It happens!

The last few days have been grueling for me. Many of you have had your own battles going on, we all do. But let me remind you that this is not a Bible Study that requires you to drive to a church. It does not require you to read several chapters and then do homework. As women we MUST be reading our Bibles daily. There is no such thing as "I haven't had time." I have not been told that by any of you but I am sure some of you have thought it in your mind. I have. Things get crazy, the kids wake up early and interrupt your time, you get sick, your husband gets sick, your job gets busy. We all have lives that demand our attention. But, how can we possibly be all that we need to be without being in God's Word. If we want to be good wives, good mothers, good daughters, good friends, good employees, we MUST stay in the manual! No excuse!

With that being said, if you are already reading your Bible daily and this study is just adding to the stress of your day, don't feel bad about being behind. If you are struggling with picking up the Bible and reading it DAILY, then don't quit! Just keep reading your one chapter a day. I know John has been tough for some of you. I am really praying about doing another book out of the Bible when this is over. I know a lot of you are needing some life applicable study and John is sometimes hard to understand. I have always heard that John is a good book for new Christians but I really think it's a good book for seasoned believers too. It's a hard one, so don't beat yourself up.

Whether you are reading John or not, read something!! You can read on the toilet if you have to! I love what Kellie said in one of the comments about doing chapter 12 again! So tomorrow we are doing chapter 12 again! It's the half way mark, Satan will try to attack us. This is the exact reason why we have to plug into our power source and the biggest way to do that is by reading His Word.

God has already done mighty things through this study, I was healed! So, get revived, get rejuvenated, get refreshed and GET READY because God still has great things to show us in the book of John!

Lord Jesus, please renew our strength and remind us of the awesome things you are doing in our lives. Show us the Lazarus' in our lives and bring it back to life! In Jesus Name!

(read the post below for an explanation on the past two day's events!)

6 comments:

V. said...

27 "Now my heart is troubled, and what shall I say? 'Father, save me from this hour'? No, it was for this very reason I came to this hour. 28 Father, glorify your name!"

We are instructed to give God the glory for all our situations - even when we feel like quitting, or can't understand why we are in some kind of situation, He wants us to praise Him, worship Him and give Him the glory. When we do that we transfer our thoughts and minds from earthly things to heavenly things.

That's rich. I pray that attitude is ours more often!

Have an awesome day y'all!

V.

Kellie said...

V 30. Jesus said, "This voice was for your benefit, not mine."
GOD loves to glorify HIMSELF by doing things we cannot deny are from HIM. We can actually see or hear it. So we cannot deny HIS work. Love it!

John says in V11. that many were putting their faith in HIM. But in V37. he says that they still would not believe in HIM. I think the message is even though many believed that is not enough GOD desires all. Don't give up on the rest of the room when half come to the alter for salvation. Keep going for the other half.

Don't be like the people of V43. This really says something to me. Speak truth no matter who is listening. I keep finding myself tripping over my words for fear that the people in my company will be offended or not understand. But that is a good place to be. If they don't understand they will ask and then I will have to speak more truth. Great!

Anonymous said...

I read chapter 13... am I confused or are we still on 12??
Anyway see my blog for my comments
http://prietita.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Oops I posted before I READ YOUR POST SO SORRY!!! I WILL READ CHAPTER 12 TOMORROW AGAIN.

mommyofangels said...

I read. Again...
Father, glorify your name!
I have to remember that I have to do everytong for the glory of God.

momteacherfriend said...

In the story of the perfume, I have been learning that the cost of the perfuem was premium. It says in V5 it was worth a years wages. A years wages! When was the last time that we gave anything to God worth even close to a years wages? We are so closed into a box of 10% that we have a hard time, willingly give more than that 10%. Yet this was such a beautiful picture of devotion.

The one that had an issue with it was Judas. Big suprise! The Word says in V6 He did not say this because he cared about the poor but because he was a thief; as a keeper of the money bag, he used to help himself to what was put into it.
So Jesus had a treasure, one to keep his money and the money of the ministry. One misconception people may have about Jesus is that he was poor. A homeless wanderer. Yet this verse says he had a keeper of the money bag. If he had a treasure of his money, that means he had money. Especially when it says he used to help himslef to it. That means there was enough that it was not easily noticed that he was skimming off the top.

Also, when he rode in on the donkey it was a sign of royalty. a young colt was THE finest transportation of the time.

I love how he came to bring us out of darkness!!! (V46)

Thank you, Lord, for bringing light into my world. For taking me out of the pit of my own dispair and darkness and giving me new life. You are the greatest!