Saturday, May 06, 2006

looking for a Savior

Have you ever been at the gas station putting gas in your car when someone drives up and asks how to get somewhere? I have learned that when someone is lost, it's usually because they just didn't pay attention to the directions or didn't ask for them at all. Finally, they have given up and decide to ask someone that looks like they may know. For some reason it brings me great delight to help someone lost. One day while sitting at a red light, a young lady got my attention by waving at me through the window. "How do I get to Grapevine Mills Mall?" Well, I knew exactly how to tell her to get there and my directions would even bring a short cut. The poor young lady was completely going the wrong way and in the opposite direction of the mall. So, since I am familiar with the area and know the names of all the streets, I gave her simple directions and sent her on her way. I could tell by the look on her face that my directions brought relief! No one enjoys being lost, that's for sure.

When I see people give their life to Jesus, when I see them walk down to the front of the church and give their life to Him, I can't help but to cry. Some of them look scared, some look excited, some even cry. But at that moment when I see that boy or girl, man or woman hand their life over to Jesus, I feel it so deeply. To see someone lost finally find their way to Him, brings unexplainable joy. For I know that my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ has changed my life. I love Him so much.

Most of my life I have struggled with feeling loved and sometimes I still do. But over the last few months, I have grown so close to the Lord. When I was five years old, I surrendered my life to Jesus. Yes, even at five I knew I needed Him. My relationship with Him as a five year old girl was so simple. Simple but powerful. He was working in my life even then. It's so amazing to think about that now because I am so thankful that He called my name so early in life and I heard it! He knew that the years ahead of me would be painful and that I would need a Savior. He knew without Him in my life, I would be a very lost little girl.

His blood is real in my life. It's real. Jesus is real! If you need direction in your life, He is there. If you feel lost and can't seem to find your way in this hard life we live, He is there waiting. He shed His blood for you. He loves you.

Tonight I sit here amazed at how real you really are to me. You are changing me. You are showing me how much you love me. But more than anything you are showing me so many people out there that need you. Lord Jesus, use me! Please use me to minister. Please help me to give my time, my energy, my love to those that need it. When my flesh is weak, give me strength. Thank you Jesus for giving me purpose. I worship you Lord, I worship you. Thank you for saving me. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for healing me. Thank you for calling my name at five years old and thank you for giving me ears to hear that call! Hallelujah!

4 comments:

Christy said...

Awesome girl.. twice this week Jeremy and I were eating some place and we were able to witness to our waitress/waiter. The first time her name was Candace and we even were able to bless her with a bible. The second time it was a young man in OKC named Anthony. I know there was a time I wouldn't speak up too loudly but now I want to speak so that someone who doesn't know Him might know Him. Pray for me this week, God is dealing with me alot about my friendships. God is dealing with me in 2 Co 6:14... read this if you have any time... give me your thoughts on how you feel about this verse! love ya

Unknown said...

Hey girl! I have missed you! I am keeping all those kids again this week. Monday and Tuesday will be CRAZY!!! I love you girl! I will read that verse NOW!

Christy said...

I am going to call you this week. I need some insight so be praying. I am having a hard time with this one. God is doing some weeding and I don't know how I am going to handle weeding friends!

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome...5yrs old?? WOW!!