Friday, May 19, 2006

John 19

Good afternoon or should I say Good evening?

It's 6:40pm and my day has been really crazy. The kids just left with The G-Force (aka Grandparents) and I have a date with my husband. So I am looking forward to that! I think we all have those days when our Bible reading gets put on the back burner. Not a good thing, but it happens. So today that's how it has been for me! I have been away from home all day long. This gets my schedule so out of whack, especially for the kids!

I have read but I haven't really sat down and meditated on the scriptures themselves. I need to do this. What about you? How did your reading go today?

Please be in prayer for me. I have a ministry opportunity this coming Monday night. This weekend I need to really prepare so please pray for me.

Let me know your thoughts on John 19.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read Amanda and feel free to see my blog for my comments.

Kellie said...

I just always have a hard time wanting to read this part of JESUS'S story. Like Amanda said about the movie I just want it to turn out differently. I hate how badly HE was hurt. I am so glad GOD put it in. I am so glad I can see that HE truely hurt for all of us. What an amazing thing to be joyful about.

Praise you LORD for all you have done.

Sarah said...

There is one song that speaks all of my deepest thoughts on the Crucifixion.
So I'm just gonna have to quote it.

"It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished"

The death and resurrection is one of those things that you have to feel.
Words cannot possibly translate it.

Susannah said...

I am so glad to hear that you and your husband have regular date nights. We've found that SO essential. After almost 30 years of marriage we're STILL dating... and having fun!

mommyofangels said...

Nothing popped out from reading.. except.. "It is finished"

Lord, I know that your death on the cross is sufficent. I pray that I will focus on serving you and serving others, not to "look good, or to go through the motions, or to play church"... but to do what you asked, and that's to be a servant and to have a daily relationship with you.

momteacherfriend said...

I replayed in my mind The Passion of the Christ throughout the reading.